Second Pregnancy

Finally... God has answered our prayers and blessed us with a second pregnancy! All thanks to God and all glory be upon His name.

This is truly a gift from God as we had been trying hard for 2-3 years to conceive a second baby. I remember due to the C-section from my first pregnancy we didn't dare try to get pregnant for about a year. Then when we started trying again, no matter how diligent, no matter how many tears and sweats we spent, we just couldn't get pregnant. Countless ovulation hormone test tips, countless up-and-down cycles of feeling positive that it would happen this month, countless tears of disappointment as each home pregnancy test came back negative... that roller-coaster ride of emotions is just too difficult to put into words.

However all of that doesn't matter now as the little one lives and grows inside my tummy! It was truly a miracle as it happened at the time we least expected it to. Little No. 2 was conceived at a time when both hubby and I were at our most stressed-out time at work. He was working days and nights on a high-profile project, and I was on over-stress drive to deliver my first project milestone in a new company. 

This time, I had missed my period for about 6 weeks. I took the pregnancy test before hubby was due to fly to the USA on a business trip the next day - 25th Feb 2018. And voila! The double-line appeared before my eyes and I just couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic! He was ecstatic! I expected tears of joy to come gushing down our faces but we were unbelievably too happy to cry, and instead hugged each other and jumped up and down with joy. 

Presently, our baby is at 16 weeks. We've visited the obgyn three times already for pre-natal checkup. I started taking low-dose aspirin daily on advice from my doctor in order to reduce risk of high blood pressure and reduced growth of baby. Hopefully, we'll be able to confirm the gender during the next visit. Doctor already got our hopes up! 

And Hayley is already gearing up to be a Big Sister. We think that she'll be a bossy little Big Sister. Just this morning, she announced, "Baby will sleep in my old baby cot! Baby cannot sleep in this bed. If not when baby cries "waawaa" (mimicking baby cry)... how???"

This is my favourite picture of No. 2. Both hubby and I love this picture very much cos baby looks like it's very naughty, nestling comfortably in my womb with its arms and legs spread out like a boss! Hahah!


Comments

Coketai said…
Congratulation..Ipoh Girl. Following thru your life journey from the old day and it is always glad to see so many happiness in you and your family. Take good care!

LY.Tai
家勤 said…
really feel glad for you ~! Enjoy your pregnancy journey ~!

Popular Posts