1st Anniversary in rejoining (again...)



Congratulations to me! It's been one year since I rejoined my first company. In short, I survived the first year!

I remember this time last year when my former company was forced to close down the Penang office. I was very sad. Where else could I find a job that could offer me so much freedom and work stability? Then one of my colleagues (the only other Christian in my former company) shared this verse in FB. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (~Proverbs 3:5-6) 

This verse comforted me greatly.

That time when I rejoined this company, I was very unhappy - with the package, with my job, with my team, with the other team I needed to work with, with some people etc. I felt cheated, overworked, under-compensated, and unappreciated. It was a very trying time for me in this high-demanding and over-competitive company. But I had no other choice because this is the ONLY company left for ASIC engineers in this little island.

But, I chose to continue to put my trust in the Lord to lead me.

One year down the road, I am happier because things have changed for the better. I completed one major project with no "major" screwups... learnt a lot of things, gained a lot of new working relationships. Even my team dynamic has changed to include some good teammates who are willing to teach and share experience. And apparently my manager is not too bad after all. 

And the best thing happened to me: though I faced a lot of work stress, I now have a bun in my oven! Haha my little "project" has the same timeline as my work project. And now I am waiting to take 3 months maternity leave, which will grant me sufficient time to rest, I hope.

Praise the Lord! If we fully trust in Him, we will be able to see that He has great things prepared for us in His own timing and plan.


Comments

Popular Posts