Week 20, 2nd Trimester - It's a Boy!!!

This is a long due post as I am already in my Week 29 (Third Trimester) now. But I just didn't want to reveal the gender of my baby too soon! 

We went to the obgyn checkup at Week 20 and this showed up on the ultrasound. Btw, that's not a nose! 😋 At first, doctor was like "prolonging" our excitement over the gender reveal by saying, "oh baby is not cooperative today, the weight of the bone is good, the size of the head is good.. blablabla". All the while me and hubby were dyinggggggg to know the gender (that IS the whole purpose of the Week 20 checkup, isn't it? haha..) 


Anyway, at the risk of being said we're sexist... we're really happy that we're having a boy. It means a lot for the family as this is the first boy in his generation on hubby's side. And I can see that hubby really really wants a little boy. But having said that, we wouldn't have minded if it were a girl because we had waited so long for this second child. 

Before the gender reveal, we asked Hayley whether she preferred a baby brother or a baby sister. I can't really know her preference because it changes, but, she demonstrated her creativity when she gave names to the baby! Hayley proclaimed, "If it's a boy, I'll name him Coco! If it's a girl, I'll name her Nana!" I felt peculiar as to why the names were Coco and Nana... hahaha... then hubby said, "Oh it's because it's Coconut and Banana!" Hahahahaha! Anyway the name "Coco" has stuck, it'll be his little name (乳名) for now as we're still cracking our heads to find a suitable name for our little baby boy.


Comments

Popular Posts