Week 28, 3rd Trimester - Baby waves "Hi"!

The first purpose of this post is to declare that I'm currently in my Third Trimester! Congratulations to me for coming this far. 💪

I can relax a little bit now... all through my Second Trimester I was constantly plagued with fear:
- What if my baby has xxx symptoms?
- What if my baby is not doing well inside my womb?
- What if I slip and fall?
- What if anything terrible happens to the baby? (On the night of the GE14 - 509 I found two drops of blood while traveling back to Penang in my friend's car. Thankfully it didn't happen again.)

And hubby didn't/ couldn't find any way to allay my worries. Nobody would understand, only the mother herself would know. Anyway, I can relax better now... if anything happens at this time, at least baby would only be premature and could still survive in incubator. *touch wood* !!

The second purpose of this post is to note this down. I already posted this in Instagram but I think I want to remember it here as well.   


Our Week 26 obgyn checkup coincided with Hayley's 4th birthday - July 28th. It was an exceptionally special day for us as we had both our babies by our side (and inside me). It was the day we saw our baby's face for the very first time! Hubby said he looks exactly like me - with the big round nose and pouty lips. Baby's eyes were also half opened. Though you can't see from the ultrasound because his forehead has retreated to the background. But, I think baby looks exactly like his sister!

The most amazing thing happened a moment later - when Hayley said "Hi" to the tummy, baby put up one hand, and waved at us! We saw it live through the ultrasound and were stunned. Then we all laughed because we were all so surprised! Baby recognizes his sister's voice!!

Baby stuff and Nesting Instinct

My nesting instinct has started developing, here are some checklist items that I have done and are yet to do!

- Buy mattress (done)
- Wash baby clothes (work in progress)
- Clean baby cot, wash cot items
- Clean baby changing mattress
- Clean 1st and 3rd bedrooms thoroughly
- Wash baby toys
- Buy baby items (tomorrow is Spice's BB Fair, can't wait!)
- Think of craft to do for baby's name
- Buy confinement items: soup packets and herbs

I also bought a Zebra vacuum mug which was the last one on sale yesterday from Aeon. Now I can start to make red dates water to replenish my "qi" (energy) in preparation for childbirth!

Comments

Popular Posts