Half-year Review (and a New Beginning)




So here we are, in the second half of 2019.

First things first, I will be changing jobs to another group within the same company next week. Some may think that I have changed jobs one too many times. I also felt discouraged; felt that I should have stayed and continued to learn, to battle on. I felt that maybe I would get better as time goes by and my experience grows. I still feel that way. I don't know that is it me? Or is it my job scope is just not suitable for me?

But I think I just can't do it anymore. I almost got postnatal depression due to my job. I think I owe it to myself, my family and my sanity, to look for a future that can sustain me. Then I came across this quote "If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree!" I think it's true, at least, I have the freedom to move because I have the knowledge and experience to move across jobs. I deserve a job that values me, some place where I feel that I can wake up each morning not dreading the feeling of going to work. I hope that this team will be good, that it will the last team I will move, at least for a long, long while.

Half-year Reflection

Let me try to tick off my resolutions for the past half a year.

Challenges:
- Getting there! - to strike a balance between work and family; juggling work, a baby and a toddler is not an easy feat.
- Failed at 6months. - to breastfeed my baby past the 1-year mark,
- Not yet started. .- hopefully, to reduce my body weight to 56kg,
- Getting there! - to be disciplined enough to leave home for work between 8.30- 9am everyday,
- Success! - to be disciplined with my time management so I can cook for Hayley, and make sure she is on-time to attend her Tuesday music class and Thursday ballet class,
- Success! - to find a Sunday School for Hayley on Sunday mornings when we are in Ipoh.
- Getting there! - to quit shouting and berating hubby, instead I should step up and be more disciplined and pro-active in tackling matters.

OK, so for the next half a year, my goals are to:
- focus on my new job
- start going to the gym to run 20 mins 
- bring Hayley to Sunday School every Sunday morning when we are in Ipoh
- continue stepping up and be disciplined and pro-active in house stuff!

Comments

Popular Posts