Corrine Bailey Rae

I heard a beautiful voice sing on that bright morning while I was driving. Eager to find out who she was, I remembered the lyrics of the song and Googled it. The singer was Corrine Bailey Rae, an English singer who released her epynomous album in February 2006.

Her voice makes me think of small, black kids playing hopscotch in the backalleys, and little girls staring out the window pane at a rainbow arch in the sky. Beautiful, innocent and sweet, like the voice of an angel.

I couldn't find any mp3 downloads to this song, so I searched for Youtube, so I could replay it again and again and again...

Here are two songs, the first one being "Put Your Records On" and "Like A Star". Tell me what you think!


Corrine Bailey Rae "Put Your Records On"



Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

Corrine Bailey Rae "Like A Star"

Comments

Ianfluenza said…
She's awesome, both looks and voice...

Popular Posts