Blue sky with rainbow

This morning, Berry rushed into my room and exclaimed "There's a rainbow outside!!"

True enough, as I walked out on the balcony, I could see the rainbow, shooting up in all its glory from the green schoolfield behind my apartment.

What better way (other than Nescafe..) to start my day? ^_^

The Irish say that if you follow a rainbow to the end, you will see a pot of gold left behind by the leprechauns (small people dressed in green from hat to toe). But beware, it might be fool's gold... so you have to catch the leprechaun and trick it into bringing you the real pot of gold.

But how can you follow the rainbow till its very end? If it lands in the sea, then what? Or at Pulau Jerejak, do you take a boat all the way there to find that pot of gold?

Same in life, you'll never know where you're going, and where you'll find yourself at the very end. You might be VSS-ed the next minute, or be blown up to bits while on your holiday at Thailand. Or, you might really get to find your pot of gold before you reach the very end. And of course, the pot of gold might differ to each and everyone. It might be one billion USD, might be realizing your dream to be a pilot, might mean finding your one true love and raising a family.

Still, some people brave themselves on their neverending quest to find that pot of gold... while others just go where the wind blows them. For me, I'm still standing at that balcony, with my gaze following the arch of the rainbow into the wilderness beyond... unsure of which path to take. Maybe, if I just concentrate on following the red, green and violets... it might just lead me to my very own pot of gold someday.

So, what is your pot of gold? :)

"Somewhere over the rainbow Skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Some day I'll wish upon a star And wake up where the clouds are far behind me Where troubles melt like lemondrops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me..."

Comments

Popular Posts