Merry Christmas '06

Do you have a particularly favourite song, that you just wanna play all over and over again during Christmas?

This year, my favourite Christmas song is, very coincidentally, "The Christmas Song". I just can't help but fall into the beautiful lyrics of this song... and the wonderful memories it brings.
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir And folks dressed up like eskimos
Everybody knows some tofu and some mistletoe Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow Will find it hard to sleep tonight
They know that Santa's on his way
He's loaded lots of toys And goodies on his sleigh
And every mother's child is gonna spy To see if reindeer really know how to fly
And so, I'm offering this simple phrase To kids from one to ninety-two
Although its been said Many times, many ways
Merry Christmas Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you

This year's Christmas, interestingly, has been a flurry of events to me. First-up was Christmas Carolling at Intel. Then a farewell dinner for a colleague. Then a small appreciation dinner party at my boss's house. Then a family trip to Langkawi on Christmas weekend... and blogging on Christmas day!

Since my church days when I first wore that angel costume in the Nativity scene, I had never imagined that I would end up again on stage carolling to a crowd, more so, to my colleagues and people I didn't know at work.

But Bless the Lord, here I was again given a chance to spread the joyous word, and in the front row, as the Triangle-girl... Ding! We performed 7 songs in total, including:

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Silent Night
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Feliz Navidad

Jin Wen and I during our final practice in the cafeteria.

Sheau Yiing and I after our performance in the auditorium.

Gosh. Maybe I should just stop taking photos with girls who are fairer than me. Kakaka.

And here we are, all ready and anxious to go on stage! Ding!!

Really felt kinda happy to be carolling on stage, although I miss those performing-days in church with a tambourine in hand. I also missed the chance to go carolling in Queensbay Mall.

Not just that, I also missed the chance to get baptized in church during Christmas Day this year. All because I'm too busy. Busy, busy, busy. Ahh I guess if I really wanted to, just a bit of determination and planning was what I needed to get me to baptism class. No more procrastination. I wanna get baptized on Easter Day next year!

And after work on the carolling day itself, we went to The Ship at Batu Ferringhi for Sheau Yiing's farewell cum "sudden" birthday-party. Well yeah she's right, life has to go on. Wishing her smooth winds and blue skies ahead for her future... :)

The girls with Sheau Yiing

Candid at The Ship!

And finally... Merry Christmas to you...

Comments

Popular Posts