More Wine on the House!

The first time I noticed Amy Winehouse, it was through Leonard's recommendation. He kept pointing out Amy to me whenever Fly FM played Rehab on the radio that it was impossible not to notice her. She has a really special voice, like a big, fat, black woman singing as what Jules said, but she's actually a white Brit. Yet, you can't deny the fact that Jay-Z makes this single a thousand times hotter compared to the original single.

Later, I got my hand on the album Amy Winehouse - Back to Black and was hooked thereafter. In this album, Amy sings about love and loss, and most of all, about her tumultous relationship with her husband (check out their bruises on the latest gossip news). Back to Black is a fantastic album full with emotions, and is wickedly decadent yet depressing at the same time. Songs like You Know I'm No Good and Back to Black kept me repeating them over and over again.

If you're one for soul and strong, lyrical content, you might wanna consider getting your hands on this album.

Favourite track:
-Back to Black, Rating: ***** stars

"We only said goodbye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to... us"

Comments

Popular Posts