What's your blood type?


Here in Korea, people don't usually ask "What's your horoscope?" Instead, they prefer to ask "What's your bloodtype?"

According to Wikipedia, this Korean practice is somewhat similar to the Japanese practice of using blood types to gauge someone's personality. This link shows how the Koreans interpret the personalities according to different bloodtype groups.

From Wikipedia,
"There is a popular belief in Japan that a person's bloodtype or ketsueki-gata is predictive of their personality, temperament, and compatibility with others. Ultimately deriving from ideas of historical scientific racism, the popular belief originates with publications by Masahiko Nomi in the 1970s."

During Korean language class, our teacher divided us into 4 groups according to bloodtype - "A, B, AB, O". I didn't find it peculiar at the moment, because dividing into 4 groups is definitely easier than dividing into 12 star signs, right?

Then, during dinner with my Korean friend, I was playing with his military tag when he took back the tag and asked me to guess what bloodtype he is. So I guessed AB because AB is the minority bloodtype and I feel that he is one of the minority Korean guys who are actually intelligent, hardworking, non-xenophobic AND nice to me. :P Then he told me he is Type B, and the bloodtype is printed on the tag too.

Two tags: one short and one long. Printed on the tags are "Air Force, military number, name (I think in ASCII code or something) and bloodtype".

Then I asked him to guess my bloodtype and he said I was definitely 100% O type because I am cool girl and have bright personality... Yay~

By the way, after serving two years in the military, Koreans still have to go back for reserve army training for one day every year for six years. Korea is very strict about military training because technically, North Korea and South Korea are still at war because they never signed a peace treaty. If someone were to purposely go overseas to avoid military service, then he will be barred from returning to Korea until he is 40 years old~

Me wearing my friend's army cap~ Had to crop off his face from the pic cos "somebody" said he's jealous~

Btw, there's a Korean romantic comedy called "My Boyfriend is Type B". Type B guys are stereotyped to be the "bad boy" type (나쁜 남자) in Korea. Type B guys are perceived as being selfish and mercurial, quick to anger and unreliable. That said, their bad boy image makes them very attractive to women, however while they are seen to be good boyfriend material, they are not considered to be good husband material... hahaha. Should be interesting to watch and I can't wait till it finishes the download!

Synopsis from IMDB:
Young-bin and Ha-mi meet by accident after a row over him ruining her cellphone. She believes he and she were destined to meet, but the problem is, he has blood-type B, making him spontaneous and emotional but unreliable. Her sister, running a dating-agency based on selection by blood-types, opposes the friendship, as she's convinced that Ha-mi, with blood-type A, making her soft, introvert and shy, will only end up as another victim of his whims and arrogance.

Comments

josze said…
I am O too! *high 5*
leonardlcy said…
pengsan...like that all Chinese are smart and cool. coz most Chinese are O. Yes, and I'm jealous. But I'm type ). So, is this a contradiction?? :p
Xweing said…
jealous baby!!!!!!!!!
Blogger said…
Haven't started using an Horoscope app? Download The Best HOROSCOPE App (Built for Android & iOS)
danielmikesep said…
Thank you for always going above and beyond to ensure the success of a project. I appreciate your hard work and want you to know it doesn’t go unnoticed.

Popular Posts