Autumn in Korea - N Seoul Tower

On the second day, we visited N Seoul Tower. The 236.7m N Seoul Tower sits atop Namsan Mountain and offers panoramic views of Seoul and the surrounding areas. The letter ‘N’ stands for the tower’s ‘new’ and more youthful look, which resulted from a 15 billion won remodeling in Dec 2005. 

Before I went there, I thought N Seoul Tower would be just like any other tower in the cities which I've visited - KL tower, Taipei 101, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower and Stratosphere Las Vegas. - just exceptionally tall, modern buildings, but nothing spectacular. However, it turned out to be more romantic than I thought, because of the beautiful autumn scenery! When our taxi reached the cable car station, I spotted a nice hill park where the trees had all changed into their autumn colors. Hey I thought, we don't have to go all the way to Daegu for autumn leaves now! So we spent a nice, relaxing stroll and took many pictures with the red and yellow leaves.

Small hill in front of Namsan cable car station
We went for lunch at one of the nearby restaurants, and saw people in a long queue in front of one of the "tonkatsu" shops. There were also many nicely decorated, romantic cafes along the sidewalk. The yellow gingko trees lining the street also lent a tinge of autumn to the surroundings.

Eateries along the road near to Namsan cable car station
We took the cable car up and walked a short distance uphill to N Seoul Tower. A traditional martial arts performance was held at the square in front of the Tower. There were also the Teddy Bear Museum,  Coldstone ice-cream and souvenir shops. Bought some little souvenirs and enjoyed the cold breeze while walking around looking at the Love Locks around the place.

At N Seoul Tower

Comments

josze said…
I visited Korea once when I was 16, of which I thought is..uhm..really boring.

But your posts make me want to revisit Korea again! I hope it's not disappointing for the 2nd time hahaha

Popular Posts