Hayley's first fall @3m3w


Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again!

Hayley had her first fall around 3~4AM. 
Actually it was my turn to watch over her that time cos hubby had already done the earlier shift. 
I was so sleepy and I was grateful when hubby put her into the rocker. 
She looked at the toys hanging on the rocker, while I lay on the bed with my eyes half-closed. 
Before my eyes fell shut, I was thinking to myself that I should strap her in case she fell. 
We had never strapped her before.
I didn't.
She fell, it was a soft thud followed by a hard thud, presumably her head.
She gave out a loud cry.
Hubby exclaimed "Dearie, you fell asleep issit?"
And he faster picked up baby and comforted her.
But baby was fussy at daddy cos she remembered that he was the one who put her into the rocker. :P
So I comforted her and she stopped crying.
Thank God she was not really hurt, she didn't vomit or anything and her head was not swollen.
We observed her for 24 hours and everything functioned like normal.
Hayley Dumpty, please don't fall again!

Comments

Popular Posts