Singapore Trip Nov 2013

#throwback #1yearago #singapore #aztecprints

Time for a throwback post! Can't believe one year has flown by so soon... this time last year (8~10 Nov) we were at Singapore to attend hubby's company's family day.

We arrived at Singapore on an evening flight. We stayed at a very nice room in Peninsula Hotel near City Hall station. It had a very beautiful view of the city lights at night. Earlier when we stepped out of the MRT station, I was taking a picture of the beautiful evening skyline when suddenly I heard somebody call out my name. It was a university junior whom I hadn't met for many years. What a surprise! The world is indeed very small.

As it was already late, we just went to the nearby CHIJMES at City Hall to scout for dinner. CHIJMES is a very beautifully restored area with a chapel in the background and many restaurants in its courtyard. We sat down at the Hog's Breath Cafe and ordered some ribs and steak. After dinner we didn't get to walk around much as it was drizzling so we decided to go back to our hotel and call it a night.
CHIJMES


The next morning we enjoyed a nice leisurely swim at the hotel's tiny swimming pool. Well, at least hubby swam, I just sat around and took many selfies. :P



Hubby swimming in the background of my selfie. Can't believe I looked like that last year!!! I mean, not that I look awesome (didn't think I looked pretty so I didn't even upload the pics to Facebook) but compared to how I look right now... I think I looked pretty good back then! Garhhh! =_='''

Then it was off to Vivocity and Sentosa for some touristy shopping and sightseeing before the family day event at the S.E.A. Aquarium and buffet dinner! We had Sushi Tei for lunch.


Big-ass Christmas tree at Vivocity outdoors and the big vertical coral reef at S.E.A. Aquarium.


They say that this is the world's largest aquarium but I failed to see how?!?!? I think the ones I went to KL were better... or maybe they were just giant to me as a kid back then. :-P Well we did sit and meditate in front of the giant aquarium wall, and watch the giant sting-ray flap its wings back and forth.  


Touch-pool where we queued up for very long to touch sea cucumber, starfish, etc. Wonder whether we'll still have the patience to queue along with our kids next time? :-P


Somewhere in the interior of RSW. This reminded me of a giant Noah's Ark, I thought it was quite nice so I took a photo as a remembrance.

Still had some time to kill... so we went to Siloso beach... where there was a group of guailou wannabe rowdy S'porean youngsters behind us. The beach is always our favourite hangout place, even though it was humid and we were sweaty. After Siloso, we went to the buffet. Forgot to take pictures there cos was too nervous first time meeting hubby's colleagues. :-P



 Still can't believe I looked like this! Last year!!!

After dinner, went to Gardens By The Bay to look at the nightview together with some of his colleagues. This was my second time going to GBTB. The beautiful nightview never ceases to amaze me. I saw somebody comment that it looks like a scene out of Avatar, I fully agree. We then tried to go up to the Sky Deck at Marina Bay Sands but it was gonna close soon so we didn't bother spending the money for the tickets.


Next day, went to hubby's uncle and aunt's house for lunch. Then Jon and wife came to take us for a quick coffee stopover at Arbite Cafe, and it was off to the airport for us. I took a picture of this name "Arbite" cos in Korea we always heard the word "arbite" which means "part-time job" and I never realised that such a word really existed in English.


Throwback post for last year, cos this year we're going there again for his company's Christmas event, along with our little potato head! *^^*

Comments

Popular Posts