To SS

To be honest, I didn't know you all that well
I can't even call you my friend
Just someone that had helped me along the way

It's such a shock to me
That you left so soon
Someone's voice whom I have gotten used to
Now a distant tune
Someone who I could depend on
Now above and far beyond

I can't even call you my friend
We have never really met each other
Just that one brief glance at the pantry
Where I quickly averted my eyes
Because I was too shy to say hello
I never knew that would become
The first and last time I would ever see you

Since you have no Facebook
and I can't even email you like I did before
I felt I need to write this short eulogy to you
To tell you how much I'm thankful for you
I'm grateful for the times you helped me when I was so new
I even nominated you as my Office Angel
but I guess you never knew

You did touch countless hearts here on earth
Even if you did not know it
I just want to let you know
I think I would want to know if it were me too

I hope that you will continue to be an angel in heaven
Looking after everyone you love
May God have mercy upon you and bring you into His fold
Rest In Peace dear Angel
You were a friend I never got to know...

Comments

Popular Posts