Pastasia at Queensbay

Election fever has taken a toll on me for the past one week so I decided to go to Queensbay Mall for a nice meal and some retail therapy afterwards.

At first I wanted to eat at the newly opened "Toilet" concept restaurant but it had its last call at 8 o'clock on a Sunday evening! So I headed downstairs and saw Pastasia having a promotion for its new set meals. Pastasia is known for its fusion Thai/ Italian pasta. I seldom eat at Pastasia because actually, fusion food doesn't really appeal to me and Pastasia is usually more expensive than the normal range of restaurants that you can find at Queensbay. So I only eat there when there is a promotion. But Leo hadn't tried it before, so in we went!

New set meal!

The set meals range from RM10++ to a little over RM20 for pasta and meat sets. My appetite was a little down so we just ordered one set meal for two. We ordered: 1/2 roasted chicken with rosemary sauce and spaghetti Aglio-Oglio (RM17.90), iced peach tea (RM2), 20% off dessert - tiramisu (RM10.95).



Roast chicken set

For me, I think it's very important for a good restaurant to know how to cook a nice roast chicken (because, as my friends know, I love to eat drumstick). And for Pastasia, it did just that. Infused with herbs, the chicken was juicy and tender, just the way I liked it! I really can't stand hardened strips of chicken. Leonard claimed it was pretty good! The chicken was enough for 2 pax, but the spaghetti was too little, just a few strands of it. The spaghetti sauce was nice though, not the usual Italian sauce, but tasted Thai.

Tiramisu

One thing that keeps me coming back for more -- the dessert at Pastasia is simply fantabulous! During my last meal with Kelly, Zhi Wei and Hong, I tried the Pinna Cota before, and it was absolutely great (I can remember the sensation till now). The tiramisu was also nice for two, and would make a simply wonderful teatime dessert with some long black coffee.

After a few scoops, does this look like Penang island?

There is now a promotion for Citibank Credit Card users - buy 2 free 1 until 18 March. So, grab your taste of Pastasia today! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts