Hayley 翻身 @3m3w & Breastfeeding Notes

Playlist:
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Sam Smith - I Know I'm Not The Only One
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
Taylor Swift - Blank Space
 
Hayley after flipping over... and leaving her saliva all over my couch *frowns*

Yayyy... another milestone achieved for baby Hayley when she managed to flip over herself! We didn't manage to record a video of it yet cos she needs a few tries before she is able to flip over.

This all happened on the evening of 17 Nov. Actually it already happened 2 weeks prior in Ipoh, my mom told us but since we didn't see it with our own eyes we didn't think much of it. 

After getting the hang of it, there was a glimmer in her eyes and a look on her face like "oooh, i can do this!" And she showed determination when she gave it not just one try that evening, but a few tries! Hooray for my diligent baby! She was very happy for the whole evening, I think it was because she knew she had achieved something... like so proud like that hahaha.

It is such a blessing to be able to witness these beautiful moments with our own eyes!
 
Hayley feeling happy and waving her hands after she flipped over
Beautiful Hayley-Daddy moments ^^

Just a note on my breastfeeding journey:

I was feeling quite depressed last week (10~12 Nov) due to low breastmilk supply. Baby had just returned home and I was sending EBM to the babysitter in the day while DL her at night. Just a week ago I was still pumping 3~5oz each session. Suddenly within those few days my supply dwindled to 1~2oz each session, and I could not feel engorgement at all.

I was so depressed and thought: Is my breastfeeding journey coming to an end? Looking back, I was lazy to pump sometimes, thinking that with my big boobs they were never gonna ever run out of supply. I was also stressed out with work until I put off going to the pump room until I was painfully engorged.   

However, I read a post on TBAN about a mum facing the same problem as me. I started to feel better, that I was not in this situation alone. Hubby also saw another new mother letting go of some breastmilk and we decided to go get some for her. However since I still have many packets of FBM, those foreign milk will be left as a last resort. I instantly felt less stressed since we have some foreign milk to fall back on. I also asked my friend on some advice, and she did tell me that having a happy and non-stressed mood is important for this long journey.

I started drinking fenugreek, and hubby made oats for me every morning. I also made black bean soup over the weekend and drank a lot of that. This week, my supply went back to normal, around 3~6oz each session depending on the gap of how many hours I pumped. I am so thankful that my supply is back, and I am truly thankful for all the great advice my good friends have given me. Also, I had a friend who reminded me to pray "for every drop of milk". Thank God!

Comments

Popular Posts